Renowned artist, Thomas Kegler, is a self-taught painter, producer, and certified teacher residing in Western New York. He is internationally recognized as an Associate Living Master by the prestigious Art Renewal Center, Master Roycroft Artisan, member of the NYC Salmagundi Club, Painting Instructor for the Grand Central Academy in New York City, and Senior Fellow with the Hudson River Fellowship. Kegler's traditional oil paintings of landscapes, still life, and figures draw from the Masters' approach to the canvas. Revisiting the processes and techniques of the “Old Masters” in light of classical and contemporary subjects guides his expression of life's subtleties.
Kegler's work has been shown internationally in numerous solo and group exhibitions at many distinguished galleries and museums. His paintings reside in several prominent collections throughout the world. His work and processes have been featured in notable magazines and publications including American Arts Quarterly.
Kegler is committed to the consistent growth and development of his skills and to the promotion of art education with an emphasis on classical techniques. He has self-produced an instructional documentary video focused on traditional plein air painting approaches. Kegler regards the act of painting as an opportunity to celebrate the beauty of God's creation - portraying temporal experiences as poetic statements.
- American Arts Quarterly: Cover Artwork and Featured in Article - Winter 2016
- Plein Air Magazine: Featured an article "Painting Directly from Nature" - Dec/Jan 2015
- Drawing Magazine: Featured on the cover and an 8 page article "Understanding the Anatomy of the Landscape" - Winter 2013
- American Art Collector Magazine: Featured in Article "Nature Morte: Collecting Still Life" - January 2013
- American Painting Video Magazine: Featured "Painting En Plein Air: Resolving the Landscape with Thomas Kegler" video review - Fall 2012
- American Arts Quarterly: Featured in Article - Summer 2011
- Plein Air Magazine: Featured in article "The Hudson River Fellowship: Landscape Painting in the 19th Century Tradition" - Fall 2011
- American Art Collector Magazine: Feature Article "Revealing the Natural World" - June 2011
- American Art Collector Magazine: Feature Article "Pursuit of Beauty" - November 2010
- American Painting Video Magazine Feature Interview - Fall 2010
Featured painting on "The Line" 1st eposide: Click to Watch Video
Intrerview with Eric Rhodes - Outdoor Painter Podcast Audio File: Click to Listen
Video profile interview produced by One Ring Productions.